Get a Quote for A Charger Online
Cross Price Electric embraces the idea of electrified transportation and we find ourselves excited and motivated to make it as easy as possible to install an outlet in every home. Fill out this simple form and we will get you an accurate price quickly, or if you prefer the phone call our estimator directly at (909)312-8542.
A Few Points on Charger Installations
We have installed many of these systems and wanted to provide some additional information to make everyone more aware of the process.
- Very rarely is a panel in need of an upgrade so avoid it if at all possible. It is tempting for an electrical installer to recommend a panel upgrade to make more money on a given job. Sometimes it is unavoidable, but there is several workarounds and every installation we do we run a load calculation to determine what your loads are. It is simple to either install a wall connector or downgrade to a NEMA 14-30 if there is load issues. Do not count up the breakers in your panel and think that it is overloaded, we follow the National Electrical Code on everything we do, and that includes calculating the loads in your home.
- We do not install without a permit. All cities we service require a permit of some sort, and it is essential for an installation. It protects your house and vehicle to have a licensed installer go through the required steps. The installation tends to be the least timely part of the installation, but insurance companies are always looking for any excuse not to pay a claim if something goes wrong. We are thorough and diligent in the permits, certifications, training and quality control which may seem more expensive but will pay off very quickly.
- Conduit is the preferred method for the installation. We can do installations in the wall and cover up the wire, but it will usually double the cost of the installation. We take a lot of pride in the quality of our conduit, and customers often comment on how clean our installations are.
- The shortest run possible is the best installation. It will save money and create a cleaner installation.
- You can fill out the form, and skip the pictures and just text them to (626)831-2879 or email them to service@CrossPriceElectric.com as well.
- This is one of the biggest constant loads in your house. Take it seriously, we have seen many bad installations and not being able to charge your vehicle is a serious inconvenience, and can cause much bigger problems than a dead car.